Sections 419 & 420 of IPC

Forums > Discussion Forum > Family & Personal Laws Forum

Date: Sunday, 15 February 2004
Time: 09:23:06 AM


Is it required to lodge a N.C. in local Police Station for offence under section 420 if I decide to go to court, the 420 section say as "Cheating and thereby dishonestly inducing delivery of property, or the making, alteration or destruction of a valuable security". In my case the maternal brother in laws has made lots of offence with the help of Gram-Panchayat. Also he has committed offence under section 419. I can not produce the criminal evidence of threat or any other act done by supporter of the said person because my house is not surrounded by any other house holder, my house is alone with his house. So please guide me.

Prakash Narayan Kadam

1/7, Ameya Apartment,
Hajuri Darga Road, Wagle Estate,
Thane (W), 400604.