Help required !

Forums > Discussion Forum > Grievance Forum

Date: 28 Sep 2001
Time: 03:14:32


Respected Sir/Madame,

I am a 23 year old computer professional. On October 1999, I had got an offer of employment with a USA based firm called Reliance Systems based in Arizona. Their Indian forefront was In Kandivali in Mumbai with an institute called "Future Technologies Institute Of Computer Technology ".

As per their employment procedure they had asked me to submit my original documents (school, college and professional mark sheets) with them for them to file my H1 visa. I was assured that I would be flying from India max by 4 months and that I would be getting my certificates as soon as I reach the USA.

The problem now is that, they have filed a different kind of visa which is for adjustment of residency to the USA and which would take 365 to 540 days for it to get processed. In spite of being assured that the whole process would take only 4 months it is now more than 11 months that I have submitted my documents to them.

Is there any way I can get my documents back from them, as my whole career is at a stand-still and I can not shift jobs because if I do so, I would be asked for my originals which I do not have with me at the moment.

I hope you could provide me some way wherein I can get my original documents back.

Thanking You,

Prem D'Souza